November 28, 2012

The subject line said "help"

I received this message from my college daughter today..... 

So I'm sitting here in English class, trying to drown out my teacher going on and on about how to formulate a research question and what is included in a good thesis, and I couldn't help but hear what I just heard.

A guy in my class is reading his thesis.
"The world is facing a threat much greater than nuclear war. Can we start now to avoid catastrophe?"

The teacher says, "Okay, but what is that looming problem besides nuclear war?"
The guys says ,"Oh, well I thought that was covered in the research paper. We are supposed to state it in the thesis?"

Oyy!

I don't know whats worse - the guy not knowing how to write a thesis, or the teacher accepting that as a decent thesis statement.

No comments:

Post a Comment