November 19, 2012

Baked Stuffed Acorn Squash

Baked Stuffed Acorn Squash
from Rodale.com















When I was a kid, my mom made acorn squash dripping with brown sugar and butter - probably a weird thing for a kid to like. I picked this recipe for the memories, but I bet this dish with cherries, mushrooms, and almonds is fabulous (although the pic looks like pecans). I also love the fall colors and textures.

On the site where I found this recipe, also I also found Garbanzo Gravy!

I know, I know - you non-vegetarians (my sister and my other sister) are saying "Eww, gross." But I have learned over the years that the best part of a vegetarian diet is finding ways to add nutrition and make substitutions for less healthy foods. Garbanzos are high in protein and way lower in fat than traditional gravy. I can't wait to try it!


No comments:

Post a Comment