November 20, 2012

Just sit in the chair and be quiet.

Have I mentioned that Janet, my BFF since grade school, is also my hair stylist?

I haven't made any of my own hair decisions since she was in cosmetology school. Because she has known me since we were kids, she knows that I do not want to curl it, pin it, braid it, or accessorize it. If it takes more than 10 minutes in the morning I will go to work with bedhead.

And she knows that I am not attached to my hair, so it's not a big deal to try things. It's awesome.

I told my oldest I was going to get my hair cut and colored, and she asked what I planned to do. I told her I wasn't sure. "That's ok," she said, "you can tell her what you want, but she'll do what she wants anyway." That was pretty much true:

     Janet: I have this crazy new cut I want to try.
     Me: Ok - you know I'm in.
     ...

     Me: I don't know, I'm not feeling it.
     Janet: It's cute.
     Me: It reminds me of Flock of Seagulls.
     Janet: No it's good. (trimming and singing...it's a nice day for a white wedding...)
     Me: You sure about this?
     Janet: Trust me.

She was right, of course, as usual.



No comments:

Post a Comment