March 23, 2013

Another season done.

Well, basketball season is wrapped up - all that's left is the banquet. I am so proud of my middle daughter. Before tryouts she talked to the coach about what the season might look like for her, since she didn't play last year. He was honest about play time and expectations. She decided to try out anyway and made the team.

The first couple games were so hard for her dad and me. We know how much she loves the game and it broke our hearts to watch her never leave the bench. One night she quickly put it in perspective for us; she knew coming in that she would not play, but she wanted to be with the friends she had become so close to over the years of basketball together. "Please don't ruin this season by being grouchy every game," she said.

And so I embraced her positive attitude. I dropped my expectations and just focused on enjoying MY friends that I have spent so many years with in the bleachers. I have made some great friends through her years of basketball. This has been one of the best seasons, ever. I am so grateful for the memories, and a daughter who helped me appreciate them.