January 21, 2011

I thought she would outgrow it eventually.

After the kids went upstairs for the night I went to say goodnight. My middle daughter has always been the child who slept. Fell asleep first, took the longest nap, and slept in the longest. Once when she was little - you know that stage where parents understand them but everyone else needs a translator - she said, "I am ti-yahd," climbed in her crib and went to bed for the night. Another time we told her to go to sleep, and she replied, "I can't fall asleep just like...." Out.

So at 11pm, when she fell asleep in her pre-calc it was no surprise. While I was taking this picture she opened her eyes, looked at me, started to get out of bed, and whined, "Argh. I barely slept at all."

"Sweetie," I said, "it's not even midnight. You have six hours to sleep still." She smiled closed her eyes and fell back to sleep.

The best part? A few days later I was showing her friends the pics and middle kid says, "Wait is that me? When was that?"

No comments:

Post a Comment