February 26, 2012

Floppy sock

This morning I woke up early and was trying to be so quiet so everyone else could sleep in for the first Sunday in ages. I made coffee and didn't even disturb the dogs. As I turned to get the cream I stepped in a giant puddle of cold water leaking from the fridge - my sister's family calls this floppy sock, and I hate floppy sock.

The fridge had been leaking for a while, like for-a-year while. A friend said it was probably a clogged drain tube, so we just wiped up the water in the bottom of the fridge once a week until we had time to deal with it, which was today because I HATE FLOPPY SOCK!

So I got on google. That brings the list of things fixed through the magic of google to: the dryer belt, the dryer blower wheel, the car stereo, and the fridge.

And because that wasn't enough fun for one day, later in the afternoon the washer overflowed the wash sink in the laundry room, to the point that we were using quilts to mop it up and the basement is scattered with plastic bins while the storage area dries out. Floppy sock again, for the second time in one day.

So glad we don't have a dishwasher....

No comments:

Post a Comment